Awwww. So sweet. Just what we needed to get into the holiday spirit. Thank you, Kathy, for dusting off your old story and gifting it to us. smile

Clark is so sweet to keep himself awake to make sure that his folks and Lois stay warm while the power was out. He certainly is a keeper.

I loved the snuggling down in front of the fire and FINALLY the lack of interruptus. Clark making sure...
Gently, almost reverently, Clark slid his hand around to cradle the back of her head and slowly lowered his mouth to hers. Just before their lips made contact, however, he couldn’t help but pause, cocking his head to listen expectantly.

“Oh, no,” Lois groaned, dropping her head to his shoulder. “Not again. What is it this time?”

“Nothing. Not a thing,” Clark answered with a relieved laugh, gently lifting her head back up. “It’s just happened so often since you’ve been here, I was waiting to see what else could possibly interrupt us.”

Fortunately, she saw the humor in the situation and started to laugh with him. “No pounding on the floor? No well-meaning parents?”

He grinned. “No marauding goats … no armies of Space Rats bent on revenge or herds of wild buffalo taking a short cut through the front door.”

She giggled, her eyes bright with affection. “Then I guess there’s no reason to wait any more.”
... was quite funny too. Herd of buffalo. Love it!

Lois shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. “What about the year your parents bought you the goat?”

He groaned on a laugh. “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?”

“Nope.” She just giggled more. “Never.”
Nope, Clark. That's a Christmas story to be trotted out in front of the kids every year. clap hee-hee.

I loved Kimberly the goat. She really made the story.

Do some of my plotting choices make more sense now? laugh Thanks, Mishmishat, for the assignment. I’m not sure if you’re around any more to read this, but if you do, I hope you enjoy it.
And whether or not Mishmishat is around to enjoy it, you can be guaranteed the rest of us did.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.