Originally Posted by Christina
With that said, it's unlikely O'll get to see it live (we. It our cord).
Looks like autocorrect claimed another victim. smile We cut our cable cord (my assumption of what you meant) several years ago, and haven't looked back. Very happy raising kids who HATE commercials.

I have to admit, I'd never watched any of SyFy's tv shows. I've only tried to watch some of their made-for-SyFy movies (the worst being Sharknado, which actually was more watchable than some of the others only due to the humor aspect of it being so awful).

I agree with what others have said. Krypton may have given Kal-El his powers on Earth, but it was EARTH and the Kents who made Kal-El Superman (and, even better, Clark Kent). So, I don't see the appeal of a show based on a Red Sun planet where its inhabitants don't have any powers. huh It could be any planet with advanced humanesque beings living on it, so why make it Krypton? Plus, the blurb I read said that the main characters wouldn't be Jor-El and Lara, but Jor-El's father. huh confused So, it's not like Gotham in the respect we're not seeing a prequel to Superman, but more like a pre-prequel to Superman. Unless Jor-El's father was Luthor bad and ruined Krypton and Jor-El grows up to fight against his evil dad and tries to convince everyone that Krypton isn't going to survive due to, I don't know, Jor-el's father fracking for Kryptonite. Then, maybe, it might be worthwhile to tie it to Krypton. That might be an interesting storyline. Alas, I just came up with that plot. Who knows what the plot of this show will be. We'll have to see.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/09/14 01:20 PM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.