I'm hooked and eager for the full story to follow. smile

I especially liked the passage:
Safe. In Clark's arms she was safe.

Loved. In his eyes she was loved. She was worth loving.

Wanted. In his heart she was wanted … desired … needed.

The parallel structure really worked well in enhancing the already high amount of WAFF.

So, is Lois going to react to Clark the way S1 canon-Lois did to Superman (i.e., behaving like a schoolgirl with her first crush), and, if so, will that put Clark off a bit? After all, one of the things that seemed to attract canon-Clark to her is her fire. If he doesn't see that side of her because she is all googly-eyes in his presence, will he react to her with the same fervor as canon-Clark?

Obviously, since the next story is longer than this one, they can't just "click" from the start. Maybe Lois will have a negative reaction to Clark's double life and, more importantly, to his keeping a secret from her? (She will, after all, realize from the get-go that CK=S.) Or will she put two and two together at Superman's debut and call him by name when he swallows the bomb? That would certainly cause Clark to panic.

There are a lot of ways that this story can develop but, given that it is a KK story, we know that it will end well. smile

Looking forward to the ride in between.

Joy,
Lynn