Victoria,

This has a bit of the concept that Ken is working through with Lois and Clark getting married in GGGOH and how that would impact the remainder of the season 1 episodes. And I am loving that set of stories of course. Does this go back to Virginia's challenge or was this in the mill before that?

Can't wait to see where/how you take it from here as since Lois will know Clark is for her the first time she sees him (the reverse of the time honored Clark falling for Lois as soon as he sees her). How will she work the process, will Clark get scared, will she/when will she tell him about Lane's visit and their future, and of course since she knows she will live to be 97 will she be even more of a risk taker than usual?

This story series has me VERY excited!

This to me was the kernel of the story that will make the remainder of the series really work for me.
Lane had said that Lois would marry. Someone called Clark. Someone perfect.

Lois, unexpectedly, shivered in pleasure at the thought. Clark Kent. Her husband.

She dropped her hand and smiled.

Yes. Somehow, she knew. Clark Kent was her husband, or would be. She could even picture him in her mind. Tall, broad shouldered, dark, thick, beautiful hair … and strong arms, the strongest arms in the world. Lois could even feel those arms around her. Her heart skipped a beat.

Safe. In Clark's arms she was safe.

Loved. In his eyes she was loved. She was worth loving.

Wanted. In his heart she was wanted … desired … needed.

Her heart rate soared and she felt heat pool in her stomach. Her breath caught as she recalled the feeling of Clark's lips on hers, his hands on her body, his chest clasped close to hers, their feet tangled in soft cotton sheets.

Lois felt a tear trickle down her cheek at the love she felt coming from him, the love she felt for him.

She looked up to the sky and took a deep breath. Gazing at the darkening blue she was suddenly assailed by the feeling of soaring up above the skyline. It seemed so real, so amazing.

Lane had said that Clark was different, was 'super'.

Well, everything she'd experienced, so far, through these visions, confirmed that.

And of course the final setup...
One thing she did know. Somehow.

She met … would meet … him there. The Daily Planet.

Lois smiled. The Planet was a dream, a vision, a goal she had nurtured for so long. Well now she had even more reason to work there. And the sooner, the better. She rifled in her bag and pulled out the internship application form. Full of purpose and inner strength she stood, hitched her bag over one shoulder, folded her coat over her forearm and headed across the street for the Daily Planet lobby.

Thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham