One of the school districts in my area, Riverside Unified has banned The Fault in Our Stars in its middle schools. The reason? Sexual content and crude language.

I've read 'The Fault in Our Stars', and while there is some sexual content, it is definitely not explicit (you barely know it happens), and as to crude language -- the parent who thought it inappropriate, Karen Krueger, has obviously never listened to the way kids talk at school. Banning this book will not stop the kids from using "crude" language -- they were using it long before the book was ever written. (The first time I heard a kid using crude language at school was the first day of kindergarten, when one of my classmates, not yet five years old, told his mother that the "damned cafeteria" was on fire; this was at a small Catholic school, and the kid may have been quoting the principal, a nun, who was quite intent on getting all the students off-campus safely.)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland