Those personal moments between Lois and Clark are so sweet and so touching and so... just right there.
She opened her mouth, but her vocal cords refused to work. So instead she reached up and touched her lips to his.

He started slightly, but then his lips moved under hers, kissing her back, a gently sweet kiss that ended almost as soon as it had begun. Wistful regret filled her as he drew back to gaze down at her.
“Just promise me something.”

“Anything.” He brought the car to a halt at traffic lights, then turned to look at her.

“You’ll stay with me till the end, won’t you? Don’t let my parents or the doctors make you leave. Promise?”

He muttered something she couldn’t catch. Then he reached across to squeeze her hand. “I promise, Lois. Nothing could drag me away from you. If... If it comes to that, I’ll be right there beside you. I swear.” His voice sounded almost hoarse.
Awwwwwwww. Darnit. I hate you. <g> These short pieces of dialogue between them convey so much emotion.

And having to be strong for each other is... terribly true and realistic. And I supposed he doesn't want her to worry about him. I truly love your B-plot, in case I haven't made that clear. <g>

I love your A-plot too, but you're being too secretive!! <G> And I bet you're enjoying this too. So spill the beans. Who is it? I'm guessing the mall thing didn't bring them that close, did it? And even if it did, it would take a while to find the guy./me is suddenly sure we'll only find out in part 21...

Julie wink

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)