Hi Shayne!

“Our finances are in ruins. The man has an income and a title. From what I hear, he is not considered unhandsome.”

“You’d marry me to an old man.”
Lex

“He’s twenty and eight,” her father said. “Hardly in his dotage.”
So, Clark? But Lois is younger? A girl of three-and-ten, freshly flowered?

“Weren’t there rumors?”

“Never proven. His title is solid.”
Martha kind of…?

The cousin had been claiming for years that Martha, Lady Kent had miscarried yet again and that they’d replaced the dead child with another.
evil

The cousin had then claimed that a falling star had been seen on the night of Clark of Kent’s birth, proof that he was a demon. He’d lost credibility with that claim, even if there had been unexplained events throughout his teenage years.
laugh

“The rumors only help our case,” her father admitted. “We’d never be able to aspire so high if it weren’t for a slightly tainted reputation.”

“So I’m to settle…” Lois said, shaking her head.
rotflol She really does want it both ways, huh?

“Isn’t all this hitting a little close to home?” Clark asked, looking over Lois’s shoulder.
shock Hey! Where’s the rest of the story!

“I’ll change the names when I figure out what they are,” Lois said airily. “Besides, the Masked Rider can’t be mistaken for Superman…he’s got a horse.”
Duh!

“Do you have to make me a mincing fop?”

“Like I said, it’s not you. He’s playing a role right now and won’t reveal his real self until halfway through the book.”

“You can’t still be mad about the secret thing…” Clark said uneasily.

Lois smirked. “Sometimes revenge is best served cold.”
laugh

What a fun piece!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.