Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 04:24 AM
Well, what do you think?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 04:58 AM
hyper Ooooh! My kind of story. clap I was writing Regency romances before I stumbled onto this site. So far you've... er...Lois has the formula down pat. Woman in want of adventure is set up in a loveless match with a handsome but mysterious man with a secret. She needs to learn his secret and tame the wild beast of a man (usually they aren't as bad as their reputations suggest, unless you're reading a Harlequin bodice-ripper. Regency romances are all about witty banter and no sex until marriage.) Great job. clap

I can understand Clark's nervousness. If her draft with the names unchanged got leaked, it could lead to some serious consequences. Also, did she let the publisher -- Lex House perhaps -- read her opening chapter, because that would be bad?

So... where's the rest? [Linked Image]
Posted By: groobie Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 05:05 AM
Fun! Anything's better than Wanda Detroit! I started to think it was going to be an elsewold story...nice fake out! smile
Posted By: DebbieG Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 05:06 AM
“Isn’t all this hitting a little close to home?” Clark asked, looking over Lois’s shoulder.

“I’ll change the names when I figure out what they are,” Lois said airily. “Besides, the Masked Rider can’t be mistaken for Superman…he’s got a horse.”
Famous last words. I think you could make an entire story out of someone getting their hands on this manuscript before Lois changes the names, and what Lois and Clark have to do to get it back.

I suppose Lois deserves to torment Clark a bit for keeping the secret from her for so long. laugh
Posted By: Tailee Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 05:42 AM
Total fake out.had me hella wanting the rest of the story (the first part) though. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 10:18 AM
Cute story.

And of course, Superman actually did have a super-horse named Comet back in the Silver Age.

Of course, a horse and a mask is actually a better disguise than a change of hairstyle and glasses.

If the masked man possesses all of "our" Clark's powers, it's interesting that he would choose to use a horse rather than to fly; even in his disguise, he is still holding back on what he can do. I wonder what it says about Lois that she made this choice for her character?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/21/14 08:01 PM
Snicker! This is a great way to end the work day! Ciao!
Posted By: Kismatt Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/22/14 05:28 AM
[Linked Image]

Yeah, I'd like to read that historical, too, Shayne wink
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/22/14 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Of course, a horse and a mask is actually a better disguise than a change of hairstyle and glasses.

If the masked man possesses all of "our" Clark's powers, it's interesting that he would choose to use a horse rather than to fly; even in his disguise, he is still holding back on what he can do. I wonder what it says about Lois that she made this choice for her character?
It is very possible that the Clark of Kent in this story flew with his horse, but not in a way that it was to ascertain by the people who saw him. I am guessing that the masked highwayman worked at night in the cover of darkness in the secluded back country of England. (Sigh. I miss reading Regencies.) Therefore, he could easily seem to appear out of the darkness, when in reality he and, let's just call the horse by its rightful name, Comet had just landed from out of the skies. Works for me. thumbsup Perhaps it will be a surprise Lady Lois will discover at the end of the story.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/22/14 06:35 AM
Cute, : )
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/24/14 02:46 AM
You sure that you don't write Regency romances on the side? You seem to have it just right. laugh

I agree with Taillee - now I want to know the rest of what Lois wrote.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 07/26/14 06:14 AM
I have to join in the call for seeing more of Lois's story. This sounds like it has the potential to be a best seller.

Of course, if Lois does not give Sir Clark all of the powers, than it will not be as obvious of a knock-off of reality.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 08/02/14 02:55 AM
And there I was thinking the next scene would be, "Mawwedge is what bwings us togevver today."

Thanks for the early morning smile.

(Post moved from the TOC page--sorry.)
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Comments: Love's midnight ride - 08/03/14 03:23 PM
Hi Shayne!

“Our finances are in ruins. The man has an income and a title. From what I hear, he is not considered unhandsome.”

“You’d marry me to an old man.”
Lex

“He’s twenty and eight,” her father said. “Hardly in his dotage.”
So, Clark? But Lois is younger? A girl of three-and-ten, freshly flowered?

“Weren’t there rumors?”

“Never proven. His title is solid.”
Martha kind of…?

The cousin had been claiming for years that Martha, Lady Kent had miscarried yet again and that they’d replaced the dead child with another.
evil

The cousin had then claimed that a falling star had been seen on the night of Clark of Kent’s birth, proof that he was a demon. He’d lost credibility with that claim, even if there had been unexplained events throughout his teenage years.
laugh

“The rumors only help our case,” her father admitted. “We’d never be able to aspire so high if it weren’t for a slightly tainted reputation.”

“So I’m to settle…” Lois said, shaking her head.
rotflol She really does want it both ways, huh?

“Isn’t all this hitting a little close to home?” Clark asked, looking over Lois’s shoulder.
shock Hey! Where’s the rest of the story!

“I’ll change the names when I figure out what they are,” Lois said airily. “Besides, the Masked Rider can’t be mistaken for Superman…he’s got a horse.”
Duh!

“Do you have to make me a mincing fop?”

“Like I said, it’s not you. He’s playing a role right now and won’t reveal his real self until halfway through the book.”

“You can’t still be mad about the secret thing…” Clark said uneasily.

Lois smirked. “Sometimes revenge is best served cold.”
laugh

What a fun piece!

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards