Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Of course, a horse and a mask is actually a better disguise than a change of hairstyle and glasses.

If the masked man possesses all of "our" Clark's powers, it's interesting that he would choose to use a horse rather than to fly; even in his disguise, he is still holding back on what he can do. I wonder what it says about Lois that she made this choice for her character?
It is very possible that the Clark of Kent in this story flew with his horse, but not in a way that it was to ascertain by the people who saw him. I am guessing that the masked highwayman worked at night in the cover of darkness in the secluded back country of England. (Sigh. I miss reading Regencies.) Therefore, he could easily seem to appear out of the darkness, when in reality he and, let's just call the horse by its rightful name, Comet had just landed from out of the skies. Works for me. thumbsup Perhaps it will be a surprise Lady Lois will discover at the end of the story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.