Chickberry, you forgot to include the TOC link. I'm including it so everyone can refresh their minds on your terrific story.

I love this story. It has everything one needs. A great A-Plot, which keeps you suspense, and an ever-building B-plot romance. clap I'm so glad you've found some time in your RL to start posting it again. hyper Congratulations on the birth of your son and good luck with your interview!

It's great to see that seen from Vatman with Lois and Clark having dinner, instead of him zipping off to follow the clone.

Without touching, Clark briefly examined her outstretched arms before being drawn to her exposed neck. His eyes lingered on her soft, delicate skin, as his hands longed to reach out and touch it. His mind became clouded as he briefly forgot about Lois's initial reasons for granting him such an alluring view. Clark reached for her hands and gently held them as he turned her palms over to get a better look. He then slowly ran his hands up her arms to her neck, caressing both sides to validate her statement that she was indeed unharmed.
How sensuous.

“Lois, I know I can’t make up for years of not having a caring family, but I would really like it if you would come back to Smallville with me once we get some free time.”
Now, that sounds like a date!

“If I show it to you, it makes you privy to some information that could be… dangerous. I don’t want to put you in any danger.”

Lois could tell that although Clark thought that what he was saying might be true, it wasn’t the whole story and she didn’t understand his need to be so secretive. His parents had died almost thirty years before. What danger could there be? “You’re not making much sense. Are the people who killed your parents looking for you?” she probed.

“No, not that I know of.”

“Then what danger is there?”
Only the danger is to both of their hearts.

Therefore, Clark was caught off guard when a right hook connected with his jaw and sent him flying off the building and into the street below.
That's gotta hurt. What's going to happen next?

I love the slow build up to the tension.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.