Yikes! Clark blames Lex for Lana's death?! AND he suspects Lex knows about his secret?

I am a bit confused about what was going on between Clark and Lana. The first part showed that Lana had broken Clark's heart, a scene which I assumed was set in high school. Yet, here in the second part, Clark is on the cusp of dating her, while they're at college. If he knows Lex enough for the billionaire to stop by the farm, why didn't he mention that to Lana? dizzy Isn't that backwards? With Lana's obsession with Lex, I wouldn't be surprised if Lex stole Lana from Clark (at the speech perhaps) and then something happened afterwards due to that incident and Clark blames Lex for it (as opposed to Lex having actually killed Lana on purpose). But that's a wait and see.

Seeing Lois obsessed with getting a Lex interview could give Clark deja vu and worry about Lois ending up the same way. Would it make Clark more protective of Lois or make him want to brush his hands of her, so that his heart won't be hurt again? I'm guessing the former.

I too hope he gives Lois a chance.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.