Hi Vic! Looking forward to this nice, looooong story! hyper
Clark and Lois vow to marry each other at 35 if they haven’t found anyone else. It’s Lois’ 34th birthday and she keeps setting Clark up on dates with other women. Is she dreading marrying him so much?
[Linked Image]

"Of course you are. It's just … most people usually feel happy on their birthday," Clark explained.
PEOPLE EVERYWHERE: Yippieeeh! Another year has just gone by hyper
wink

He was patronising her, in that gentle and sweet way. She laughed, then hiccoughed.
So…drunk?

"But most people don't spend their birthdays held hostage in a warehouse on Hobs Bay. And most people don't feel shamed beyond shame when they are finally rescued by Superman only to realise that they are still covered in the mud they'd trudged through following the suspected traffickers which then led to said hostage situation. And …"
rotflol

But, considering her mother's … affliction … she'd been sure not to over-indulge.
So…just enough so she won’t wake up sometime the next day lying in a puddle in Centennial Park?

"I can be over in just a second, Lois," he pleaded with her.

"Okay," she capitulated.
He meant literally.

It seemed only moments later when Clark was stroking her arm to rouse her.
Clark! Naughty boy!

"Come on Lois, I think I'll put you to bed."

"Huh!" she questioned.

Clark slid his arms around her and she found herself being carried into the bedroom.
hyper A lot of great stories have started with Clark taking an inebriated Lois to bed hyper

Gazing at her he reminded himself of the fact he was Superman. He had a higher calling. He was destined to be alone. And he'd even come to accept and embrace that philosophy, over time. He had no regrets over choosing to be a bachelor. None.
Riiiiight…

In fact, even though his heart seemed addicted to this women, his head wasn't all that sure if he liked her. She was rude, mean, stubborn … and she definitely had no respect or like for him. She'd made her feelings for him, feelings of resentment and loathing, well known during their first few weeks working together. He'd worked hard to change that view, and now, three months later, he was reaping some small rewards.
Well…considering she has invited him into her apartment and he’s now standing in her boudoir, I’d say, the loathing has quite diminished.

Clark widened his eyes in surprise. Really? Best friend, after only three months? Maybe my hard work has paid off even more than I expected.
No…he just didn’t try to sleep with her boss or stole her story to point where he published it under his name.

“Will you promise to spend every birthday with me, Clark?”
What’s her future husband going to say about that.
CLARK: I’m fine with that.

“What-” she stopped and gulped. “What if no-one ever wants to marry me?”
Nah…she’s gangster bait, so…don’t cha worry.

“Come on, Clark. I don’t want to be alone. I want a wedding. You’re my last hope.”
Awwww

"Well, thirty is too soon. I'm already twenty-six. Four years doesn't give me long to find Mr Perfect. But forty seems too far away. And what if I want children, it's too late by then."
jawdrop

Clark moved away a little and tried to finally assess how drunk she was. Will she remember this in the morning? Hopefully not, but it will comfort her tonight if I give her what she wants. Tomorrow we'll go back to the status quo.
Funny…one might think… [Linked Image]

She didn’t reply, just nodded down at her hand and motioned. Clark sighed and linked his little finger with hers, then they shook.
hyper

/got to get more [Linked Image]/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.