Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a fun premise!

Two questions: Do you know how many parts there will be in this story? And do you have a posting schedule in mind?

There are 18 chapters, plus prologue and epilogue. I'm expecting to post twice a week, Wed and Sat.

So, what do I think is going to happen? If Lois had been too drunk to remember the pact, there wouldn't be much of a story; after all, there's no way Clark would hold her to it. Similarly, if she remembered the pact but didn't wish to follow through on it, she would have no qualms about feigning forgetfulness; she would know Clark well enough to know that he wouldn't hold her to a pact made while she was, at best, tipsy. And finally, if either of them had gotten married, the pact would be rendered null and void. Therefore, I would assume that it is safe to guess that:

a) Both Lois and Clark are still single.
b) Both remember the pact.
c) Lois will want to hold Clark to it.

A more tentative guess is that Lois might be hesitant to bring the pact up, thinking that Clark may have made it just to humour her. And if she does bring it up, Clark might think that she is doing so out of a sense of obligation, and/or this semi-Reeve-version of Clark might hesitate to compromise his secret identity and his Superman-first world-view by taking her up on it. I'm guessing that somehow, Lois's actions will help this Clark morph more into the L&C Clark-is-who-I-am-Superman-is-what-I-can-do version of Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Wow, great speculations. Yes they are both still single, yes they both remember the pact. Hmmm, Lois wanting to hold Clark to it? Well, initially, in the first few years of the pact, they were both happy to talk about it, feeling it was too far off to be real, but now it's nearly here... you'll have to wait and see who wants out and who wants it to go ahead ...

Originally Posted by Mike M
Well at least we don't have to sit through 8 years of them dancing around the pact.

I love the idea, just wondering how Clark (and Lois for that matter) could have waited 8 years to just let it happen. I assume there is going to be a fair bit of panic as the pact date gets closer at least on Lois's part...

Mike

Nope, I'm not making you read through the eight years of 'friendship' story.

How did they let it go eight years? Well, their working life and partnership hasn't been exactly like the show. It wasn't disaster and danger every day, although they became friends they didn't have the wild, intense, emotional ride of cannon LnC. Lois' feelings for Clark developed much slower and Clark still clung to his 'Superman can't have a wife' theory.

'Assuming panic' is a pretty good place to start.

Originally Posted by Mike M
I just read the TOC where a bit more was revealed. Obviously Lois remembers the pact and is in a bit of panic mode. Panic and jealously what a great combination to work through.

Mike

Absolutely. Just wait till you see what the panic and jealousy lead her to do!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."