I don't know about Kara's excuse being a bad one. It sounded better than Clark's "I've got to return this video" excuses. AND it was honest. clap It was perfect Superman double-speak.

I'm glad Kara was able to save Emily. Too bad she had to blow her cover in order to do so. Luckily, Midford is smaller than Metropolis and so Emily was easier to find. I hope all Kara's friends and associates at the school who talked about her before feel guilty at being the ones who endangered her family. I wouldn't be surprised if they would worry about being targeted by the angry middle schooler.

I didn't like the school principal singling out Kara as if she encouraged the media attention as opposed to being the victim of it. It wasn't HER fault that they descended upon the school but the other students who gossiped ONLINE about her. So, one *could* argue that the students invited the 15 minutes of fame upon themselves (fame from being interviewed as classmate to "Supergirl"). By outing Kara, they invited danger into their small town.

How is Secret Service going to protect everyone in Kara's new life? Not only her foster family, but her new friends and their families, as well as her therapist, teachers, and other classmates? Wouldn't she want to protect them equally as much as those she's close to? Unless they can convince the kids in her class to not tell anyone, then she MAYBE she could be in the clear.

I wonder if a law could be put on the books for outing the information of the non-Super families of a hero and thus putting them into danger? Kind of like outing the whereabouts a protected witness (not that that is illegal, but I wonder if it should be). Is the right to KNOW more important than the RIGHT to privacy / safety? You wouldn't really be able to charge the middle schoolers (being that their underage and typically prone to not thinking their actions through. Plus, all they did was gossip about the possibility) but the media should know better and by picking up the story the fault would be in their hands. Such a law could protect many celebrities in the public eye. Without invited permission (i.e. the Kardashians, or attending a charitable event with said celebrity), it would be illegal to follow, photograph, or discuss the family of a public figure, unless they do something illegal (and, thus, they fall into the public domain themselves). Just curious, if our society has fallen too far to rein in the gossip hounds with such a law.

Okay, that's a bit off topic, but your story sets the mind to thinking along those lines.

Originally Posted by Mike M
A good thing would be for her to do exactly opposite of what Clark did when he made his debut and tell the press exactly nothing about her abilities keeping the bad guys in the dark for as long as possible. I suspect her foster family and the Secret Service will be telling her just that.
I agree with Tailee in that Supergirl's powers are already known from the comics, TV shows, and movies. If she had come out with another name, it might be possible, but then these problems probably wouldn't be plaguing her quite so quickly either.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.