And you say you hate to torture your characters. (just joking) clap Besides having Lois have to watch this hack play her husband in tights, she has to watch him "kiss" with enthusiasm this "Kryptonian wife". Her patience by this point overflowith.

“Of course,” the writer continued, “once he is forced to leave his wife behind and return to Earth, their relationship is deliberately kept ambiguous. It wouldn't do to flat out accuse the first Superman of having an extra-marital affair, but”--he shrugged--“like I said: historically, there's been a lot of speculation.”
So, Superman is "forced" to leave his wife behind on New Krypton, but even though he's "passionately in love" with his wife, he's still torn by Lois's proximity to be tempted to cheated on his not-dead wife? AND this script writer makes it home without Lois removing his spleen? Yes, REwrite is definitely called for.

I love how it was Keith, aka "Clark Kent", who noticed them calling Lois "Grams". Lois did warn them not to underestimate "Clark Kent", now didn't she?

“You are *not* changing a *word* of that script,” Mr. Byrne said, coldly.

“Well, *you* are *not* changing history,” Lois retorted.
You tell 'em, Lois! smile1

What's with Jordan knocking "Grams" to the ground when he pops in? Does he not go around as a regular "Jordy" very often that he doesn't know how to act around normal people?

A man suddenly came up behind them and grabbed them by their shoulders. “Speak of the devil!” he said, turning Charlotte to face across the street just as Lois' fist shot backward to collide with a nose as hard as concrete.

“Mitch!” cried Charlotte.

“Ow!” cried Lois.

Charlotte ran to meet a man who stood waving, on the other side of the road, with two infants in a double-stroller.

Lois nursed her sore hand.
Now, that I re-read this section, I realize that Lois hit Jordan in the nose with her karate move. Oooops. blush I thought it was Hans at first, who knocked her to the ground. That's what I get for trying to read stories while my kids are in interruptus mode.

I'm sure that Lois would much rather spend the evening by herself at Superman's bachelor pad than babysitting the twins while Charlotte and Mitchel make up for lost time. She'll get more work done on those much needed re-writes without all the distractions of being an unwanted fifth wheel. Does Charlotte not have any super powers?

I can't wait to see what other dramatic license Mr. Byrne has taken with the Superman / NK Invasion story. Does he have Superman causing the destruction of Smallville? Does he have Lois being an actual true-to-life concubine to Lord Kal-El? shock That's something I'm sure Lois wouldn't want in the history books. Does he have Superman kill Nor in the final battle with a fist through his chest or something else bloody and impossible like that?

I agree with Debbie. It's good to see that Lois and Clark were able to keep his secret this long. What happened to alt-Clark and HG Wells?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.