Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'm actually leaving him with a faint scar. (You'll see in the next chapter.) I thought it would be cool/evil/sad for him to have that constant reminder that his friend died but was about to save his life in doing so. (Clark's not happy about the reminder, now he's barely speaking to me.)

Yeah but as I said Lois is certainly speaking to you. "LEAVE THE SCAR!!!", oops laugh

I have two good friends that have had open heart surgery and the scar is quite obvious. If the scar fades then Clark would have to hide the lack of a scar the remainder of his life (at least this one) to keep his secret. I guess that could open up possibilities in the area of follow on stories but this story has so many possibilities in the follow on area already...

That I believe is a huge strength of the story, the many different situations you had coming at both Lois and Clark almost at the same time. I will have to wait for Part 10 to see how many of those you wrap up and how many remain hanging out there as opportunities for follow up stories.

Mike

rotflol Lois is happy with the scar. She's mad at me for one of the other stories I'm working on though.

Yes, Clark will probably have to embellish his scar if he's ever, say, at the beach with Jimmy. (I do believe I call it "nearly invisible" in the next chapter, or close enough.) At least he's not in danger of showing it off as Superman though! wink

Hope you enjoy the next part!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon