I agree with Morgana, Clark did not call a Press Conference to announce he would be going away so why did he feel the need to announce he was back from somewhere he would not reveal anyway? I always was curious how him having the heart attack in public in Part 1 was hushed up but it never came up. Again it would seem as though the press conference might even bring out the heart issue from Part 1 making the connection between Superman's heart problem and Clark needing a transplant even greater. That and the only thing accomplished plot wise by the news conference was him making a point that HE had nothing to do with Clark getting a heart. The Dirt Digger guy really had nothing anyway as Clark was on life support for a few months (I will get to that in a bit) which puts him up the list over people who are getting along with their damaged heart but not on life support, that plus his age of around 30 makes him an ideal candidate (if he wasn't Kryptonian). How long he was out... Well Lois claimed he was out a few weeks but earlier (the previous part) she claimed that she was 7 months along and just prior to Clark having the first heart attack they had the ultrasound that determined the health/progress/sex of the baby and as everyone said that takes place late in the first trimester or very early in the second so she was 3 to 4 months along when the first heart attack occurred and 7 months along when the surgery took place. The period of time between the first attack and the final attack appeared to only be a week or so. That would make it more like around 2 to 3 months he was out according to my math and of course the longer on life support the worse the prognosis tends to be unless you happen to be Superman. Of course Lois's specific comment was that he had been out a few weeks so that could have been 10-12 weeks if she was trying to soft pedal it. At lot of those things would have pushed Clark up the list if he could have had a human heart so the Dirt Digger guy did not have much if any case. Of course you folks will correct me if I am wrong or crazy.

Again I did not see the need for the press conference or why Clark would even put one on especially since he really did not have much of a story to tell...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham