This is so late, but I've finally read this part and WOW! This is great, David!

I know some of these have been already quoted, but I couldn't *not* comment on these lines that stood out to me, awed me and melted my heart!!!! wink

His heart was aching as he started to accept the evidence. His marriage... his life was falling apart because he’d been a bastard of the worse kind.
Poor, poor man! He has no clue. Well, literally, actually smile . Lois needs to assure him he would never do that, even if she can't base that assurance on proof. He needs to learn the truth, that they're not married and Cat is just a bit of a tease! Yet I don't want him to learn the truth, because his dreams are so sweet and hopeful, capturing that early season 1 Clark Kent that is just so endearing. That dreamer. Ahh... okay moving on now...

Familiar. It felt so familiar. The warmth of her cheek beneath his palm, her scent rising up around him... "I need you here. I *want* you here... please, Lois."
This is so vivid! I can picture this moment so clearly, your writing just brings it to life. Beautiful!

He pulled back, and she followed him. Her hand wound into his hair, pulling him back to her, her lips fierce against his. He could taste her desperation, feel her need. Clark let the fire that was building in him take control, let his hands slip around the back of her head, let himself meet his wife's passion and let the world melt away.
His wife! Oh dear god! What are they going to do???? When will she tell him??? But I love this... time is running out, and she is FINALLY letting the moment happen and not fretting about rules and consequences. I love that he pulled back and she followed him and initiated the second and more passionate kiss. I am really really loving this! You build these moments so naturally and understandably, and yet they are such defining, important moments. Such turning points. You can understand him, since we're privy to his thoughts. But through dialogue and action, we can understand her, too. How she talked about reporting with a tinge of regret, that it had ruled her and become so important, she'd somewhere along the lines forgotten to live a little. And now time's running out and.... ::::Sigh::::: it's just so nice! blush

red silk sheets
The cape??? He's confusing kissing her as Superman??? I think, anyway... This is so great!

After a long moment of silence, she squeezed his hand gently. “Clark?”

“Am I, really?” he asked softly, his eyes still glued to their joined hands.

She didn’t answer him and he looked up, finally meeting her confused gaze. Her free hand moved to the side of his face, her fingers caressing his slightly stubbled cheek. Her voice was soft. “Of course you are.”
Turning to mush over here!! laugh

He’d give anything... to wake up, in his bed, next to his wife. For the nightmare to end.
This is heartbreaking! The poor guy! This must be so frustrating! Like winding up in a parallel universe and nothing is the same as you remember it... hmmm...

On that note, I have to say that Chris's theory about two Clarks from different worlds getting thrown back into the wrong world because of the explosion is a really great theory. And on that...
Of course that means that OUR Clark was sent into a world where he's married to Lois and she's pregnant with their baby. I bet that's one happy Clark Kent!!!!!
made me rotflol nice smile

He slid his palm around her cheek and tilted her face upwards, hoping to see the truth in her eyes, but they were closed. She couldn’t look at him. He’d lost her... she was standing right in front of him, but he’d lost her... apparently, he’d never had her.
You are killing me. Seriously. frown

And what a place to end!!

This was just great. I, too, like how we only get Clark's POV. His mind is so fragile right now, having no memories and rebuilding ones that he discovers are not real. His vulnerability is heartbreaking and I like that we are constantly there, sorting through things with him, and we DO get to see how Lois feels, through her actions and the way you describe her expressions, and through the things she says.

I really can't wait for him to remember he's Superman, or discover it accidentally or however you do it. More soon smile

~NICOLE