Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Her dream sounds like memories of being in the womb, which would be odd memories to have at this age. Odder still that these memories frightened her. I thought at first that she was whimpering because she heard Caitlin call her "insane".
I had the same reaction...

Originally Posted by DebbieG
On Kara's nightmare, it's not based on prenatal memories. It will be clear by the end of the story why she has this nightmare.
... But apparently we were both wrong.

Kara scratched absently at her arms as a tiny itch plagued her, and followed the two adults.
I had a feeling that this itch was important, and then it showed up again in the dream:
Then the dream changed in a way it never had before. She could see; she was inside some kind of opaque bubble not much bigger than she was. It seemed to be made of some kind of multicolored, iridescent light that swirled in intricate patterns. The portions of her skin exposed to the light began to itch.
So I'm keeping a close eye on any further itches.

The reawakening organelles I figured were here powers activating, but it sounds like it's not working right. Debbie, your added description here makes the dream make much more sense, but I'm not sure whether it's needed. A dream sequence by its nature can be fairly nonsensical, even when it's significant. I guess if it's not clarified sooner or later, then the extra explanation would need to be added, but if it's something that will be explained as the story goes, then it works the way it is.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the story. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)