L&C and SR aren't the only things that were left out. The Man of Steel comics reboot from the 80's wasn't there, either, and I think that is much more iconic and influential than either SR or L&C. That story line is where Clark's personality was changed such that he's more Clark dressing up as Superman instead of Superman pretending to be Clark. The Kirk Alyn stuff wasn't there that I noticed, either, nor was the radio show. The only thing I saw that was from the 70's was Superman's fight with Muhammad Ali, and then it skipped the 80's and went to the 90's. There's just so much in the Superman genre that no one could put all of it in a short cartoon like that - it would always leave out something that is someone's favorite. I'm kind of glad that they skipped SR, and as much of a fan as I am, it doesn't bother me that they left out L&C. (Just don't brand me a heretic!) Overall, I think they hit enough of the major highlights of Superman's history to be representative of all of it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)