Well "Adventures of Superman" went too far the other way, occasionally not having Lois in an episode at all, and almost replacing her with Jimmy.
Well the radio show of the same title (I think you are talking about the tv show, anyway) did have Jimmy a lot more often than Lois at certain time periods. But I don't think Lois was displaced there. It seemed to be an option between Superman alone or Superman and Jimmy, without a Superman and Lois option on the table. That run might have been when they were between Lois-actresses, though. Or it might have been because there was a long run of continuous episodes where Clark was away from the Planet and had Jimmy with him (and the initial story he was sent on was not one that required two reporters - it was basically a nostalgia piece). Other stories did have Lois and Clark both being sent on job.

I would think I wouldn't like it, but I did enjoy the show anyway. Definitely a large part of that is because I listened to many in one go and thus did not have to wait weeks for the next appearance Lois. But I really liked Jimmy, too.