I never saw the George Reeves "AoS" episodes, although due to your reviews, Virginia, I'm thinking about it. Maybe with the release of the new Superman movie, the old shows will be out and I can snap up a set for cheap.

Anyway, speaking of continuity - I think that the cartoon version Adventures of Superman had the best continuity. The writers brought in Darkseid, for example, and used him a lot in several episodes, all of which hung together.

I liked L&C, and as several have already pointed out, there are a lot of bloopers and continuity errors. But this show was intended to be a not-serious rom-com.

"Smallville" doesn't have that excuse - it's drama and action. And I would just *grosn* over the continuity errors.

Neal Bailey has a great bit about this in his column . It's labeled "The Smallville Knockout Count" (in homage to everyone who was clonked on the head by the writers, so that they wouldn't see Clark acting super), but if you scroll down there is an amusing section labeled "Miracles". Here's a sampling (WARNING - SPOILERS):

Chloe had a broken arm one week (113) and then the next week (114), nada.
Pete had a hairline fracture one week (205) and the next week, (206), nada.
Jonathan has a trailer break his leg (209) and the next week, (210), nada.
One week Chloe dyes streaks into her hair (214) and the next week (215) they're gone.
Jonathan lays hands on Clark and somehow heals a mortal wound (320)
Though we can plainly see her blown to bits in the finale (322), Chloe somehow survives a blast which levels an acre (402)
In "Facade" (403), Lana gets her face all cut up. In 404, a week later, it's magically healed.
In "Spell" (408), Jason gets his face all cut up. The next week, he's just fine. Imagine that!
In "Unsafe" (411), despite there being NO way she could have found out through research, Alicia magically knew that Clark became carefree with red K.
In Krypto (414) Pa Kent gets a hole bitten through his bone. In the next episode (415) he's fit and fine.
In "Onyx" (417), Lex Luthor shoots out Jonathan Kent's kneecaps. In the very next episode, he can charge up stairs ("Spirit").