Now, before anyone thinks, ah hah! Chris is answering comments, therefore she is about to post, I'm going to tell you that, no, I'm not. Not until tomorrow. I've grown rather fond of my Monday / Thursday schedule.

However, I will (try to) reply to comments now.

Glad that there was overall approval for the way I dealt with the alien thing. smile Oh, and Avia, just because begging worked for Paul once, it doesn't mean that it will work again. smile

Wendy: nothing is going to stop Lois falling in love with CJ... not even me! And the typo has been corrected in my 'master', although not in the posted section.

Hazel: way back when, when I first had the idea for An Extraordinary Man, I wanted to investigate what sort of man would Clark have been if he'd never had any powers. CJ was what I came up with. If I could have managed it, I probably would have had a totally human Clark, but, of course, that would be immensely different to pull off. (I thought that my powerless Clark would still want to help people and fight for justice, but that he would do it through more 'normal' channels -- hence the lawyer thing.)

For various reasons, the story I ended up plotting isn't the story I'd originally wondered about writing, but, hey... This is a very long-winded way of saying that, bizarre as it sounds, I had wondered about writing about a non-Kryptonian Clark at one point.

Maria: you're guesses are close, but you're not quite there yet.

Tank: re CJ's powers... why do I think I know which of the two you'd prefer? After all, which do you think would cause the biggest wham? (Or should I say, splat?) evil

Ah, Paul! You are such a softie! And thanks for the heads up on Aymee Valdes' name. Good grief, and I thought it was obvious how that must be spelt!

LabRat: just so you know, that wasn't the conversation. Hint: part twelve.

Tricia, Jen, Irene, Liz, Kathy, Maria and Tank (and anyone I might have, in my haste, missed out): thanks for your feedback too. smile

Chris