Yes, Arawn you explained it well. I could never figure out why I preferred Dean's Superman to others but you nailed it. For me even as a kid George R was too old for me in the Superman role. And I always felt that everyone's view on Chris R as the best Superman seemed to stem from his tragic horse accident not really his performance. I had never heard anyone voice how great a Superman he was until that happend.

I also feel that Dean's "average" man's height works better in try to hide his being Superman. Both Chris and Brandon's greater height for me would work as a disadvantage. I'm not quite
5 ft 4 inches so a man who is more than about
6 ft makes me feel uncomfortable. My father and brothers we either 6 ft or 6' 1" and while I always felt short around them I noticed that someone taller than them made we feel dwarfed. It all plays back into that Godlike feeling and I want my hero to struggle with life and to feel equal to me not above me.

In the Superman movies where he has to give up his powers and "become" one of us to be with Lois points to the "Godlike" status of Superman in the movies.

Though I have enjoyed the Superman movies I will always prefer LnC. dance