I don't read any story until it is finished. The reason is that currently I have 8 stories sitting on my harddive that have not been posted to for as
long as 1 to 3 months. Recently I deleted a number of stories from my computer that had not been posted to longer than that. I figure if the writer starts posting again I will download the deleted chapters again. Just as the authors of these stories have time crunch problems - so do readers. We all have a lot to do in our lives and having to rereading stories because I've forgotten what I've read because it has been so long between postings is not an option. So as I said I wait until the story is finished.

I will say that I would prefer that it not go to the archives for a while after it is finished. I've read many a story that has made it on the archive that have things that should be fixed. On more than one occasion I have emailed the author and they have never fixed the problems. I guess they don't have time to go back or the inclination once it has been archived.

Anyway I love reading the stories but I just don't have the time to invest in stories that aren't finished so I wait for the finished product.