Cool poll! I do miss a lot of good stuff. smile

I write much better with music on, because it helps me to concentrate. It isn't for mood-setting, though (but I still picked the "yes" answer for the first question.) I also find I get interrupted less often when I've got something playing - weird. Maybe the rest of the family just stays well away from my favourite music? laugh

It has to be something that isn't going to distract me, so nothing I haven't heard before. I work best when I have songs I practically know backwards - I'll sit warbling away, but it's all totally unconscious. I did some of my best writing listening to a set of three CDs on a loop - Sting's Mercury Falling, Sting's Brand New Day and Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick (yes, I *can* sing every word of that without paying attention. Scary. goofy )

I've been collecting Al Stewart CDs recently and listening to them in the car. If I get familiar enough with the lyrics, they might form my new playlist.

And while I'm on the subject, does anyone else think Sting's All Four Seasons in One Day is a perfect description of S1 Lois? smile

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge