You do have a good point, Laura. I don't even rewatch snippets, most of the time. Though watching L&C music videos has sometimes helped me re-connect. Obviously, I also read a lot of fanfic, and while I have characterization issues with lots of stories, they're usually minor and tend to balance out, overall. I think I've been doing this for so long that I just go by a sort of instinctive sense of what "feels right."

The other thing is, I think, my approach to writing fanfic -- I'm not doing this to replicate what we saw on screen. I'm writing the version I *wish* they'd done <g> and that applies to plots as well as characterization. I also love writing elseworlds, where there's more leeway in interpretations.

I'm always open to a good characterization debate, though, and I seriously consider every comment I get, publicly or privately.

Of course, I'm assuming that people will tell me if I go totally out into left field...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K