Thanks to everyone who has voted and / or posted. smile It's been fascinating to see what people have to say.

I admit that I am fairly surprised at the results (so far -- maybe more people will vote... please?) I thought the bias in favour of B-plots would be more pronounced than it, in fact, is. People do bay for and applaud those smoochies, you know!

Mind you, the rationale for going for balance is interesting in some cases. (A good balance is more B than A. H'm smile )

I, myself, went for the balance option. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about a very long story that is 90% B-plot, no matter how well it is written. Once in a while, such a thing is okay, but I don't think that I could stomach a regular diet of such things (be they LnC or anything else). Then again, I like some depth to my characters, and I'm not sure that pure A-plots could give that. Certainly, that is what I find most frustrating about many thrillers that I've (attempted to) read.

In short, I suspect that I'd take a look at most things across the range of the spectrum I suggested, but I think I'd be happier paddling around in the middle three categories.

Chris