Hi Trenna,

As I understand it, the B-plot refers to the relationship aspects of the story: usually Lois and Clark's relationship, but not always. In Alicia's Final Forgiveness, it was about Lois's relationship with her father.

The A-plot is the action or dramatic part - the 'villain of the week' in the episodes. So in TOGOM the A-plot was the gangsters, and the B-plot was all about Lois's reaction to Clark's 'death'.

Does Faux Pas have an A-plot? Only in passing; I took the A-plots of the episodes and let them run in the background. There was an A-plot for a while, where Clark and Lois were kidnapped by Trask; while it certainly counts as an A-plot, it was there - as Pam said earlier - to create opportunities for the B-plot. wink For The Greater Good? Yes, the asteroid is an A-plot, but the B-plot occupies much more space in the story.

I think The Healing Time is probably the best example of a very long story of mine with practically no A-plot; again, the episode A-plots play out in the background, but the only time I actually make use of them is to throw Lois and Clark together (raiding the Viologic offices in the middle of the night).

On the other hand, the stories in Nan's Dagger series all have very strong A-plots, and while she's including more B-plot these days, the main focus is on the A-plot a lot of the time - the story set on the island (sorry, title temporarily escapes me! blush ) is an excellent example of this.

Hope this helps you, Trenna!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*