Um, I think I had a point to make... probably wanted to say that even if you're not good at/comfortable with a certain aspect of writing right now, doesn't mean you're doomed forever
Couldn't agree more with this. I've changed so many of my writing habits since getting involved with FoLCdom.

Two in particular. I used to write in a non-linear fashion - until I started online brainstorming with my beta, Kaethel. Then it became much handier to write linear because it was less confusing for her and made it easier to note where the scene or moment being brainstormed came in context with the larger story. Which in turn, made a solution to my current problem easier to find. These days I write in linear almost without thinking about it and just never think to do anything else.

Secondly, for some unknown reason, when I started writing Masques I began writing it in single pov. Up till then, I'd mostly, if not entirely, favoured omni pov. Now, I find omni looks terribly weird (in my own stories and in the context of writing, I don't have any problems with it, curiously enough, when it's used by other authors and in the context of reading) and I've had to go through my old files changing them from omni to single before I can even get started on finishing them.

Seems no matter how long you've been at this game, you can still learn something new. Which is, of course, half the fun. jump

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers