Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Personally, I do love how Lex was portrayed on Smallville by Michael Rosenbaum. His character was younger than we typically see Lex, but still older than Clark. He was bald from a young age, which made him both physically tough to stand up to bullies (like Oliver Queen) and thick skinned. Moreover, he could easily give the audience chills with a glance. Yet, Rosenbaum portrayed him in a manner that had part of you rooting that Clark and the Kents could turn him away from becoming evil, even though you knew he still fated to do so. You *wanted* to like him. He had kind of a mixture of the smooth charmer Lex from LnC canon, mixed with the crazy genius we had seen from Gene Hackman's and even Kevin Spacey's renditions of the character. /reminds self to bring up new character poll./
I remember when Michael was cast as Lex, and thinking: "That goofy kid from Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane?? (1999 WB sitcom) Okay, well... this'll be... interesting...."

And then he really surprised me!

Spacey, too, surprised me. I remember when he was cast everyone was so excited that he'd do as good a job as, if not a better job than, Gene Hackman, and his performance fell way short of my expectations in SR. frown Maybe it was the script's fault but I dunno. Lex was just eh for me there.

thumbsup for John Shea though!

Molly