Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Personally, I do love how Lex was portrayed on Smallville by Michael Rosenbaum. His character was younger than we typically see Lex, but still older than Clark. He was bald from a young age, which made him both physically tough to stand up to bullies (like Oliver Queen) and thick skinned. Moreover, he could easily give the audience chills with a glance. Yet, Rosenbaum portrayed him in a manner that had part of you rooting that Clark and the Kents could turn him away from becoming evil, even though you knew he still fated to do so. You *wanted* to like him. He had kind of a mixture of the smooth charmer Lex from LnC canon, mixed with the crazy genius we had seen from Gene Hackman's and even Kevin Spacey's renditions of the character. /reminds self to bring up new character poll./
I agree. I love Michael Rosenbaum's portrayal of Lex. Sure, he was young, but he was appropriately older than Clark. He came off as very capable and sure of himself, and while he wasn't flat-out evil, there was a menace about him.

He also does a good Flash voice, and, incidentally, a good Lex-in-Flash's body. (JLU episode "The Great Brain Robbery".)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)