Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
He may be thirty, but he looks like he's twelve. Sadly, I anticipate that won't be the worst thing about the movie.
Yes, that was my problem as well. It would be like casting Ralph Macchico (aka the original Karate Kid) or Michael J. Fox back in the 90's. Some men just don't age. grumble I know that they want to do their own twist on things, but it's not necessarily a good thing to change EVERYTHING from a character's canon.

I do have to admit that knowing that he played that Facebook guy and me being pretty anti-Facebook, and not knowing any other role he's played does also bias me. I am basing most of my objection on how he looks (that photo really does make him look like Vector). And here I was just getting to mentally accept Joachim Phoenix in the role. sad

Personally, I do love how Lex was portrayed on Smallville by Michael Rosenbaum. His character was younger than we typically see Lex, but still older than Clark. He was bald from a young age, which made him both physically tough to stand up to bullies (like Oliver Queen) and thick skinned. Moreover, he could easily give the audience chills with a glance. Yet, Rosenbaum portrayed him in a manner that had part of you rooting that Clark and the Kents could turn him away from becoming evil, even though you knew he still fated to do so. You *wanted* to like him. He had kind of a mixture of the smooth charmer Lex from LnC canon, mixed with the crazy genius we had seen from Gene Hackman's and even Kevin Spacey's renditions of the character. /reminds self to bring up new character poll./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.