Hmm, I think this thread has drifted [Smile] Oh well, we're having a good conversation, so that's all that matters, right? [Smile]
I think it just shows that a lot of us have to deal with extremes and what you see may not be the whole story. For some kids the only way to get their attention (or break their attention to something inappropriate) is to raise your voice or get physical - grabbing hands or shoulders or (if they're small enough) physically carrying them off.

And I agree - professionals should be held to a higher standard. Of course, that also means, as parents and 'experts in your child' you should be prepared to give them ideas on how to deal with your child's specialness. With my own DS, it was cluing them in on his particular specialness and key phrases that worked at home when he acted out - 'Hon, that was a great show but close the curtain.'

(Theatrical terms worked well with him. The teachers didn't always understand it but it worked for him. BTW, he just got notified he'll be teaching Anth 101 classes at Uni next fall.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm