Perhaps your relative would like to apply for a job on my Republican children's puppet show?
C'mon Twin, you're not really going to make him APPLY, are you? Doesn't he automatically get a position w/ his experience? wink Thanks for your prayers. I appreciate them so much! sloppy

Wouldn't your relative be vested in the pension system?
Yes, he is but most of the money starts accumulating the last few years or so. He's only going to get about 1/4th of what he would have received had he stayed another 4 years.

Has he talked to a lawyer who specializes in age discrimination cases? It sounds like there is a pattern here.
There absolutely is a pattern but (not sure how it is in other states) in TX, if you have 2 poor reviews with documentation that you acknowledged the poor review, you can be fired and you CAN'T sue. They have documentation showing that you weren't doing a good job and you acknowledged it. If you refuse to sign it... well, I'm pretty sure they could fire you for that. Ya know, say that these reviews are part of your job description, yadda, yadda, yadda. So they've covered their butts as far as being able to sue. But their a big corp so it's not surprising that they'd go through all these little details to keep from being sued. mad

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw