Kathy, you confess to being a B-plot junkie. This got me wondering: are there any A-plot junkies out there?
i see you posted a related poll. in specific response to this question, i think it'd be hard to find an a-plot junkie, but i wouldn't expect you to have much trouble finding people who love a good a-plot when they see one.

It bothers me that I'm explaining CJ's thinking here in the comments folder, not because you've raised this, but because I'd like to think that it was clear in the story. If it's not, maybe I need to go and add in some CJ introspection. What do people think?
see my comments above. i raised the issue and then dismissed it. the way i see it, from lois's perspective there's no reason to be surprised or bothered, but from clark's perspective there is reason to worry. as you said, it is new to him, and he's probably still coming to terms with it himself. he's got no proof that lois isn't a xenophobe.

that was all clear to me, when i took a sec to think about it. that's just me, though. the possibility that it wasn't so clear to two other people or the fact that i had to stop and think about it might be an indication that you need to be clearer. that's for you to decide.

RetroRose: Yay! I got someone hooked! Delighted to hear it!
count me in this collumn, as well. i think you knew that, though. laugh

Uh, meta gene? I obviously don't read those comics.
in the DC universe, any humanoid who isn't exactly human (has super powers, for example), is said to be a "meta human." some meta humans get their powers from genetic mutation, like the x-men over in the marvel universe (where the specific genetic mutation is known as "the x factor"). in that case, the metahuman in question is said to have a "meta gene."

basically, what hazel was saying was that for all lois knows, CJ could be a mutated human rather than an alien. that would only make a difference to a xenophobe, but there are shades of xenophobia. liking an alien isn't the same thing as interspecies mating...

going through the emoticons you posted (without copying them, since that would take me over quota), we have:

smiling, grinning broadly, drooling happily, smiling and (mischevously) sticking your tongue out, jumping excitedly, and doing a wierd happy flip-flop dance.

each means pretty much what you want it to mean (since a smile can mean many things), but hopefully between context and the details of the picture, it'll be fairly clear.

as for losing your post due to excess greamlins, that's not a problem i've actually had. when the boards tell me that i've used more than 8, i just hit the back button, and the text is still there. does that not work for you?

anyway, i'll add that it did look like a natural stopping place to me. smile it does remind me, though, of an earlier thread. that's here.

guess that's all for now.

oh wait. one more thing...

you've responded to comments. does that mean we get part 11? soon? please? smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.