Originally posted by LabRat:
Ann - Heather O'Rourke? As far as I'm aware, she died during surgery for a blocked bowel. A tragedy to be sure, at such a young age, but one that could happen to anyone. I'm not sure why she's on your list as I don't think her choice of movie career or movie childhood had any bearing on it.
Labby, you are right of course. Heather O'Rourke died of natural causes. It's just that I was shaken when I learned about her horribly early death soon after I had seen the first Poltergeist movie. And I thought to myself that if I had been Heather O'Rourke's parent or guardian, I would have asked myself if Heather's career, whose hardships I would have been ultimately responsible for, had anything at all to do with her death. More than that, however, I wondered what Heather herself was thinking when she felt her system failing. How had she been affected, deep down, by starring at such a very young age in such truly creepy movies? Did she ever think, as she was getting sicker, that the demons she had cheated in those movies had come for her now in real life?

Ann