The court said he was innocent of child molestation; a person being accused of something doesn't make it so.
This is very true. However, equally, sadly, the vagaries of the US jury system means that being found not guilty by one doesn't mean you aren't, either. Especially not when the jury members admit in public after the trial that they based their verdict not on any of the evidence presented but on their prejudices against and instant dislike of the alleged victim's mother.

One juror even stated afterwards that he believed MJ was guilty but had given an innocent verdict anyway because said mother ticked him off when giving evidence. Which kind of seems to have missed the entire point of a jury trial. :rolleyes:

Add in the well-known reluctance of US juries to find celebs guilty and the added bias against finding African American celebs even less guilty and I think, sadly, the truth of the matter will probably never be known either way.

In such circumstances and with such defendants, the truth either way doesn't really seem to figure much.

Ann - Heather O'Rourke? As far as I'm aware, she died during surgery for a blocked bowel. A tragedy to be sure, at such a young age, but one that could happen to anyone. I'm not sure why she's on your list as I don't think her choice of movie career or movie childhood had any bearing on it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers