Ethnica - my thought, and my guess it's Pam's too, is that sure, a moment of silence, a thought expressed here, etc. is one thing but to dominate the news channels etc to the point that it has when there is much more important things going on the world - like Iran - it seems a bit off kilter. I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan. I was raised in a house where he was pretty well a messenger of the devil and listening to that kind of music would send you straight to hell [I've loosened up considerably for myself from when I was young and my dad has too though not as much]. I do feel sorry for his family, but when 45 minutes or more of every news hour is devoted to how many fans are at the different locations, it's more than a bit over the top IMO. My guess is that's what Pam was referring to, not fans expressing their condolences in a forum like this [or facebook or whatever]. Farrah Fawcett, also a pop cultural icon, has been almost completely ignored [though her death was, sadly, expected]. Billy Mays, the OxyClean guy [and many other products], died today. I don't remember a *celebrity* getting this much press attention... ever? Ronald Reagan was former Pres, Diana was... Diana. The Pope was... the Pope. Mother Teresa only got the press coverage she did because Diana had just died and the news channels etc felt guilted into covering her almost as much as Diana. Otherwise, you wouldn't have seen the 'name' anchors on the other side of the world - you would have seen correspondents and less coverage - at least that's the way I remember it. Personally, I'd prefer they move on a bit and maybe spend only half of each hour on MJ :p . Or something.

Carol [who is sure Pam will correct her if that's not what she meant and is not trying to put words in Pam's mouth]