I'm planning to get one now that our tax refund has arrived, so I tried out the one at the high school library, which is a Kindle 2. This probably won't apply to most of you, but now that I'm having to use progressive lenses, I really appreciate the ability to change font size in an instant, which is a definite advantage over print books. The text itself is as clean and legible as print, not like on a computer screen. I also love the ability to annotate books that I'm reading, and I believe I can insert bookmarks that will let me go straight to a page of interest, even after I've finished the book.

The only thing I didn't like as well was the grayish background. I guess I read too many computer printouts, and I'm used to a higher contrast between print and background.

I told my husband I was getting it to take on our travel trailer, where I don't have a lot of room for books. Instead, in the space of a slimline dayplanner, I can hold the equivalent of my entire library (eventually wink ).

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/