I don't have one myself, but I got to examine/hold one when my boss bought it. They're great--you can read books and periodicals on them, and yes, you can put fanfic on them with a bit of technical finagling, from what I've read about them.

The only reason I haven't got one yet is that the cost is so prohibitive--if I'm going to pay $400 for a Kindle, plus $10 for each book I buy to put on it, I want to at least get credit for 15 free books from the get-go.

Although, I suppose I could just get a lot of older books from Project Gutenberg and do the finagling necessary to put them on the Kindle, but I'd still have to buy any newer books I wanted to put on there.

Ah well. I remember reading somewhere that they've come out with the Kindle II, which (hopefully) means that the cost of the original will be coming down soon.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place