it contradicts Obama's rhetoric
Gee, there's a shocker.

many of our leading jouranlaists are now writing columns or uttering comments that would make a twittering 12 year old appear insightful.
smile That's a funny way to put it, but yeah... they've all lost their minds. Well, that's not fair. They still have minds. It's brains that they're lacking. Would Perry White allow this nonsense? (otoh, I'm sure J. Jonah Jameson would run with it in a second if it suited his purposes...)

If his visit recieves any American news coverage I'm betting it will *not* mention our trade concerns but *will* report on Obama's popularity here, and oh, yes - we had a bit of snow last night so I suspect they'll report that Obama braved a blizzard to touch base with his Canadian fans.
I'll bet you're right. And we don't know whether to laugh or cry...

PJ
(CNN.com has it as a Live! Developing! Story! "Obama leaves for Canada" but it's only video and I can't watch those at work)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K