I wish more goods were made in our own country; my country being Canada.

I want the same for them... though, it's sad that the USA seems to be cutting Canada off.

I wish we had more protection of our industries. My city had tones of sewing factories. Within the past 10 years, we have had an increasing amount of empty buildings. My husband was in that industry (they made Silver Jeans, etc.). Everything left for China.

When I went to England when I was little I could find all sorts of trinkets made in the UK. When I went two years ago, almost all the items I looked at were made in China. That bummed me out.

I guess in return we could always charge more for our hydro, oil and water. There's always an article in the paper about how the USA requires more hydro from us. Always reminders from our providers how to reduce our own energy use so we can sell more... sigh. I've always thought it's such a valuable resource and it shouldn't be given away in a cheap fashion... due to the environmental cost I've seen in our particular province. Ouch, off topic sorry.

I'm in much need of a bubble bath now made happy style by Lush products. YIPPEE!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.