From Newsbusters :

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context.

[....]

That answer presented Palin as a bit too knowledgeable for the purposes of ABC News and was, of course, edited out. Palin's answers about a nuclear Iran were carefully edited to the point where she was even edited out in mid-sentence to make it seem that Palin favored unilateral action against that country.
They highlight some of the deceptive edits and have a link to the entire transcript, so you can see for yourself. They used edits to distort her positions on a lot of things. I've thought for years that the MSM was biased in a liberal slant, but this was still kinda shocking.

It's the equivalent of reading a review that says "this is nowhere near a great movie" and then "quoting" it as "this is...a great movie." Except this was less honest, IMO, as they didn't include the tv versions of the ellipses.

I understand a lot of you disagree with Gov. Palin's stands on, well, everything, but that's not the point. How can we make a reasoned decision with this kind of media distortion going on? dizzy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K