If, when push comes to shove, people really prefer to have more sons than daughters, what will our society be like?
Ann, I like to stay out of these debates becuase I usually don't agree with your statements so I keep my opinions to myself. However, this statement seems a bit ridiculous. Since the beginning of time, men and women have existed. Women have been gaining more and more respect, power, ane equality with each passing decade. To even think that eventually one gender will, in effect, die out seems kind of crazy to me. If we've been able to survive this long what makes you think that society will shift so much that women will no longer exist?

Even if your claims are true that in certain areas people prefer sons to daughters, I have to disagree that it will become a widespread societal problem. And not because our cultures "force" us to care no matter what gender. I believe more in human nature forcing us to love our children.

I'm sorry, Ann, but I really don't understand where you are getting your obviously very steadfast opinions from. I have certainly not witnessed any kind of "higher estimation of boys" that would cause me any concern about our society. While I am just a college student living in the United States, I do look at world news. I know bad things happen out there, but certainly not biased towards females enough to cause widespread alarm that one day the entire global society will make it alright for people to choose having boys over girls.

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?