My point is that more girls than boys are killed by their own parents, certainly by their own mothers.
Your point may or may not be valid, but you've given no evidence to support it. One or two instances does not support such a broad theory. You need to point to a large study done by a reputable organization, not sensationalized news stories.

Because it seems to me that we are in a state of denial about the excess murders of girls.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Is there a *proper* number of murder of girls?

Many years ago, I read an article about "murder patterns" for men and women. This article said that those men who kill people primarily kill other men, but they kill women, too. Women who commit murder also kill men, but almost never other women. With one exception. Women, said the article, sometimes kill their daughters. Nothing was said to suggest that women killed their sons as often as they killed their daughters.
I think your logic is flawed here as well. Going by your summary of the article (I wish you had linked it so we could all decide for ourselves), the author was making the point that although women seldom kill other adult females, they do sometimes kill child females (ie their daughters). The point was not that they kill daughters more than sons. The point was that they kill female children more than female adults.

Tragic things happen everyday. It's an unfortunate part of life. But "raising a racket" by making broad and unsubstantiated claims about who kills who and why doesn't help matters.

~Anna