PS I think what bothered me about all the (negative) comments is that they seemed to completely miss the point that the list was intended as *humour*. What does that say about their intelligence levels?
I totally agree, Bethy. I thought it was hilarious, mostly because I've actually heard most of those comments at one time or another and secretly wished I could make some of those same snarky responses.

This one, in particular, cracked me up:

If my kid’s only six and you ask me with a straight face how I can possibly teach him what he’d learn in school, please understand that you’re calling me an idiot. Don’t act shocked if I decide to respond in kind.
And I remember when we first started homeschooling - my kids were 4 & 5 at the time - people were forever asking me things like, "but how are you going to teach calculus?" I wanted to say, "OMG, they're kindergartners! I have a decade or more to figure out what I'm going to do about calculus. Right now I'm trying to teach them to tie their shoes."

I didn't bother trolling through all the comments, negative or otherwise. I seriously doubt there's much there I haven't heard before, and I was too busy planning the next school day, frankly. smile

Caroline