Big, fat thank yous to the KathysM&B, Chris, Jen, Jose, Liz, Pam, Laura, Artemis, Chris, Sara, Sherry, Lynn, Rivka, Bettina, Xanabee- welcome!, and James. sloppy

I appreciate your comments and simply knowing you're here and reading, still following.

Just a few things:
still want to see Silas faint!!

And can you explain why he has that name?
Jose, I promise you a Silas fainting scene... soon-ish.

And I'm so glad you asked about the name. Silas Kent was an ancestor of Jonathan Kent. His letters and journals were found buried in Jonathan's yard a hundred years or more after his death. So, I liked the idea of using a really 'old' family name for a character who now lives a couple hundred years *after* Jonathan Kent.

And then this:
Which leads me to mention that this story seems to include a bit more introspection than the usual CC masterpiece, and I want to tell you that I think you've struck the perfect balance.
Well... I kind of love that. I'm trying to remember if anyone has ever complimented my amount of introspection before and... nope. This is a first! Thank you, Lynn!

And now, a small story about this story and how it has grown, doubling in size, and do I hear snickering from a certain BR...?

Next week I travel across country to a convention-thingy I'm really excited about. I'll be gone a week, no laptop, no file. And when I started posting, that was going to work perfectly, since this story was ten parts long! Plenty of time to be finished, all posted, before I got on the plane.

A-hem.

Ok, so now it's a little longer than ten parts. The more cans I pry open, the more worms spring out. And they're too fun and juicy to ignore. I'm up to 200 pages and still going.

Here's our plan. I'll post this week, same as always, stopping with part 12, which is actually a nice resting place.

I'll be away a week. The following week I'll take some time to catch up, and catch up my really wonderful, hard working BRs. Then, I'll dump the rest out, and we'll finish this thing off.

Sorry for the delay. I won't make it one day more than necessary.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank