The problem is that I don't know where I stand on all the issues. I know where I stand on the Iraq war, on civil liberties, on abortion, and energy and environment and welfare and various other issues. I don't know where I stand on the economy, on taxes, on healthcare, or on social security. I know something needs to be done, but I'm just not sure what the best thing is. I'm not knowledgeable enough to evaluate the information and reasonably predict the outcomes of any given course of action.
That is exactly my problem!

If only there were some magic program that could TELL me the reasonably predicted outcomes to any choice I could possibly make about each issue. Then, I could either change or keep the choices, and the program would tell me which candidate would be the best choice based on the new choices. THAT would be a beautiful thing.

Also, for those of you who can't stomach the actual debates, you can sometimes find a transcription of them online--which can be less aggravating than watching them live. In my experience, though, you can learn more from the candidates past voting record/behaviour than whatever they happen to be claiming they will do during the presidency. There are a lot of empty promises flying around in election years.
I never even knew there were debates until the last presidential election. And I just have no interest in watching them--or in reading the transcripts from them.

I wouldn't even know where to BEGIN to look for voting records and candidates' past behavior. And even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with the information.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place