I wish I could be original at this point, but really, there's no response available to me other than the tried and tested WOW!

On the other hand, this story is fantastically original, CC. Everything is drawn from the familiar, but you've extrapolated an amazingly vivid and very real set of characters and scenes which go well beyond anything we've seen before. Not only that, but it all seems so right. The Daily Planet as a museum dedicated to the life and work of Lois and Clark, 'Perry' as the ring master, the garish Superman colours everywhere...I'm speechless.

A few highlights for me:

She lost it. “No! No! Leave me alone! Don’t.... don’t!!”
God. Her reaction had to be incredibly distressing for Clark. It's his worst nightmare come true - she's terrified of him because he's an alien.

He glanced at the street signs. “Sunny Street and Happy Way,” he read in disbelief, his eyebrows rising into his hairline.
LOL! Again, just so right for this world you've created.

Generally, the low-key way you've introduced new technology. It's there, as it should be, but it's in the background - also as it should be. Unlike a lot of sci-fi movies. wink

“A Fellini film.”
A nice moment of shared film-buff knowledge. Wonder when Lois is going to switch her ferret mode back on and start noticing all this stuff he knows about? Or his admission that he wasn't that sure of his own origins...?

Love the names you've given the Peacekeepers - especially Petal. Over here, 'petal' is an endearment in some areas - like 'dear' or 'duck' or 'hen'. And Odias Sinders - how on earth did you come up with such a wonderful name???

“Hell, yeah,” said Hank, moving to make the call.
ROFL! And Madge's 'damned' before, too. Sorry - another film reference coming up. Have you seen Star Trek 4, when Spock attempts the vernacular while dealing with an odious youth on a bus? I think Kirk has a go, too, but neither of them manage to sound particularly colloquial. It's a fun moment, and so was this. smile

More!

Yvonne